Monday, June 1, 2009

I don't mean to gloat...

Okay, yes I do......

In this world of Venus vs. Mars and all that....I have to take my props when I'm due...but I am being a good wife and not gloating to my husband's face...cyberspace is another thing though...and he doesn't read my blog.

So it's a classic case of "I was right..na na na na na na!"

Hubby got in a fender bender the other day..no biggie, all parties are fine..but it was the other guys fault. He took full responsibility for our dented bumper. Guy from the other insurance company came out today to inspect it and give the estimate...yadda yadda...hubby then wanted to jump in the car and go right to our dealer. First of all...hubby works midnights and is usually fast asleep by now. He stayed awake cause the guy was coming. Second of all....the dealer is a good 25 minutes away...so approx. 2 gallons of gas is used to make this trip. $5 in the grand scheme of things, but still a waste if he can't even be seen today. I told hubby he should call first. After a few minutes of sparing back and forth over why I thought it was better to call first, he went and called. Went in the bedroom to do it. I heard talking and then nothing. It was quiet...so I already knew I was right. A few minutes later my cell phone rang with the "I'll Be Loving You Forever" ring tone...the one for hubby....and he recited some of the most wonderful words in the English language:

"I'm sorry...you were right...."

I went in there and he was in bed, ready to go to sleep. He had called the dealer, talked to the collision guy, he'll send the insurance company an estimate and the insurance company will send us a check.

Will men ever learn that women know best??? :) LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment