Friday, April 29, 2011

A-Z Blogging Challenge Day 25: Y is for Youth

Is there any truer statement that "Youth is wasted on the Young?"

I never thought so until I started to get old. And now I understand it completely.

Youth is full of new experiences and I wouldn't trade any of my teen years. At times I had been frustrated and angry, embarrassed, unsure, shy....but everything had been so new and exciting. After 12 years of marriage and 2 kids, there isn't too much that is new and exciting.

Not that I'm complaining!! I adore my family and I love my husband with all my heart....but sometimes I do reminisce about a time when life was always fresh and new.

And don't even get me started on the body...eating anything I wanted with no weight gain.... No back pain, no joint pain...never tired, just go go go! No wrinkles, no gray hairs, no sagging boobs...

4 comments:

  1. I hear you. I look at a burger and I gain ten pounds. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were some amazing days. I'm still fairly young but still miss those times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Samantha!!!! I make a pretty mean turkey burger!! So at least that's better!!

    Lol Kindros...I don't consider myself ancient, but 33 is a long ways from 18.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I gained weight easily as a teen. Only difference is that now I'm in better shape. :D

    I still feel like a teen most days (act like one too). Maybe that's why I write YA. ;)

    ReplyDelete