Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Contract!! A Contract!!!!!


I love love love publishing contracts!!!!! I hope this never stops feeling this good!!

I submitting Karma Kameleon, the sequel to A Bitch Named Karma, to my editor at Lyrical Press a couple weeks ago. She is usually pretty fast with this kind of thing, so I didn't expect it to take long to hear from her. But it still felt like forever and I told myself to just chill out. I knew she was reading it...she told me she was...but nothing. Nadda. No clue on if she was enjoying it or not. So I was super nervous.

But then the other day I checked my email, and there it was...a contract for Karma Kameleon! Usually my editor tells me ahead of time that she is recommending something for contract! But not this time....total surprise!! And I loved it!

So excited!!!

And check this out!! A local paper did a story on me! Click here!

15 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Congrats! The same thing happened to me with my last submission. No warning just BAM a contract in the email. Such a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news- my wings are a flutter! I can't wait to read it! I loved the first one.
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone!!!!!! I am so so excited and can't wait to hear what everyone thinks of Lexi's newest dramas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omigod! That is so exciting!! I'm so glad to hear it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Stephanie, this is awesome!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome news!! Congratulations! May the edits go smoothly and the rewrites be pain free!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic, wonderful things!!! Congrats, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and I seriously can't wait for the sequel. I loved the first!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much Trisha and Constance!!!! I so hope the edits go smoothly!! My last two were short publications...only about 16,000 words each...so it will be tough to dive back into edits on a full-length MS!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! How exciting! Happy editing!

    ReplyDelete