Wednesday, June 30, 2010

So sad....the only question is "why?"

Found out this morning that a friend passed away...suddenly....major heart attack. He wasn't a good friend of mine, more of an acquaintance for me, friend of my husband and his sisters. He was actually my sister in law's boyfriend's brother. He was a father...his little girl is a year younger than my daughter. And he was only 32......the same age as me.

Death terrifies me more than anything....my own and of those close to me.

I try to take care of myself and my kids, my husband, make sure we stay healthy and go for routine check ups. I encourage my kids to be safe and do not allow them to do dangerous things. We try our best to live life but constantly be aware of our safety.

But you could do all these things and it could mean nothing. Any second, any of us could be taken away. What would my kids do without me? I don't want them to live they're lives without a mother. And if I lost them......I can't even think about that.

5 comments:

  1. We never know when our time will be up...but if we live in fear, we miss the ride! Your chances of death at your age aren't all that high...and the same with your loved ones. A heart attack at 32 is newsworthy for a reason. It's very rare...and even less likely to happen if you take good care of yourself. (Not that your friend didn't...) I think we all have those fears, though...and they are exacerbated when something like this happens, but I think I fear, most of all, a loved one dying. Not having kids, I don't fear my own death as much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's too bad. My sister is a nurse and she sees young people die all the time so she's especially sensitive to living life the fullest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm so sorry. :(

    It's always hard to lose anyone we know, and it's frightening to think of our mortality. This is one of the reasons I am self-publishing my little novella. I wanted something out there that nobody can take away if I happen to leave this earth unexpectedly. That sounds weird, huh? Well, it was one of the reasons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I'm so sad for that family. I wondered what factored into that? He was SO young. Sorry for his family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear this. Losses like this - even if not close - can rock our worlds in ways we don't expect.

    You can't see stuff like this coming, and worrying about it never helps. Just live each day the best you can, loving your kids, and surrounding them with others who love them as well.

    ReplyDelete