Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Critiques by a fellow blogger???

I have come across several bloggers who have offered critiques to their followers. They did the critique, gave their thoughts and posted them on their blog. I think this is awesome for the blogger offering it....any feedback is so helpful. Sometimes we need a fresh eye to read it after our writers group has read it a zillion times. And also very brave for the writer...we all know how hard it is to put yourself out there.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing something like this here on my blog.

Now I don't consider myself a professional editor by any means, but I've been told my by writers group members that I am good at giving feedback for fiction. I've been through the editing process for my book and have learned so so much.

So...what do you guys think???

5 comments:

  1. So you'd post the excerpt for critique on your actual blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's it! Then others can stop in with their thoughts as well. I participated in soemthing like this a while back on FictionGroupie and it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it could be a really awesome thing! You should go with your gut on this one and jump in the water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good to me! Getting various feedback is always good. Just not too much of it. :)

    ReplyDelete