Monday, June 7, 2010

RELEASE DAY IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Wow! After years of trying to find a home for a story that I loved....after years of agonizing and wondering why no one else found it special....after making so many changes and edits and wracking my brain trying to find out what was missing....this day has come. My novel is out there...for sale! People will buy it (hopefully) and love it (again, hopefully!) and I am officially an AUTHOR!!!!

When I graduated from college, just over 13 years ago, I was on a much different career path. I thought it was what I wanted...I thought that was what I was meant to do with my life. And for a while I was happy. But it never fulfilled me...not completely, and that was something I never knew until I found something else.

I knew I had lost my fire...my drive....the all encompassing joy that I'd once felt. Maybe it was working for myself..the stress of being a business owner was much different than working for someone else. But I liked working for myself.

And then one day I picked up a pen and actually wrote down a story idea that floated into my brain. This had happened many many times...these random thoughts where I said to myself "Hey, that would make a great book or movie!" but then let the thoughts fly away. Until that one day. And that was it.

In case you want to check out my book trailer again, here it is!

Many of you have been here through this entire journey and I am completely thankful! Some of you are newer followers and I offer you a huge "Welcome to my world!" As a thank you, I am giving away a digital copy of A Bitch Named Karma!! You have `til the end of the week to enter, just by leaving a comment here! (Must also be a follower) Please promote and for every place you post this blog post (Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, your own blog) you'll get an additional entry! Let me know in the comments section where you've posted it!! If my follower list reaches 150, I'll give away an additional copy!

But if you can't wait to see if you win, here is the link to buy it now!!!

Check back every day this week...I have all kinds of fun things going on!!!!

20 comments:

  1. congrats!! I looked for it on amazon today but could only find it for the icky kindle. :-) i will check it out!!! i don't know who has been more anxiously awaiting today for the past week ... you ... or me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. COngrats! I'm just starting on this path this past year. I wrote for fun 10 years ago never realizing that this is what truely fulfills me. So I'm seriously taking on my passion --writing and I love it. You must be so excited. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Happy release day to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone!!!!!

    It is available on Amazon for Kindle! (actually they screwed up and it's been for sale for a while now!) Hope you found it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coffee Please, I misread your post!! LOL! It is available at several other places- my publisher directly: www.lyricalpress.com and others sites like fictionwise and booksonboard.com. The amazon version can be downloaded to your computer if you first download Kindle for PC software for free! Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck Christine!!! I was like you too...always wrote little stories, articles, was an avid journaler. Then one day I started writing a fiction piece and it all clicked. And now here I am!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your release, Stephanie! Look forward to seeing all the fun you have planned this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, Stephanie, I'll have your interview up tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Stephanie!! What a wonderful feeling this is! Enjoy every last celebration and sense of accomplishment you can get this week. The journey is hard and heartbreaking, but you've made it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hurray!! You made it! Congratulations, Stephanie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, thanks for the reminder to post a comment here for the contest! I'm so excited for you. I mentioned your book over on the Lit Lab, too, so if there's anything you'd like to say about the book in there just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you everyone!!!!!

    Thank you Michelle!! That is awesome!!!!!! Would it be alright if I emailed you the blurb to put with it???

    ReplyDelete
  13. Go right ahead. :)

    Send it to my ladyglamis gmail address.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats, the book looks great. I'm eager to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your release!!! So happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks!!!! If you want to be entered into the contest to win a digital copy of the book, make sure you're one of my followers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your success! You've been on an amazing journey and you've been dedicated, focused and energized. You're an inspiration to all of us writers out here with stories and characters floating in our imaginations-closeted, published or not. I wish you continued successes!!! Have a great celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Tracey! That was so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  19. just posted on my FB for you too. :-) (Kristie Worrell)

    ReplyDelete