Saturday, April 21, 2012

Review! Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally




I really enjoyed this book! And that's saying a lot since I am a girly girl. I do not enjoy sports what so ever (well...I play golf, but that doesn't really count! LOL!)

Anyway, the main character, Jordan, is a true tomboy. It was interesting to read about and get in the head of someone who is so opposite me. And it completely sucked me in. It kept me completely glued and I read it pretty fast (for me...considering my reading time is kinda limited lately.) But there were at least a few nights I did not want to set it down and go to bed. Stayed up late last night to finish it. Just had to see how it ended.

I liked the boy BFF and the fact that she does eventually make some good friendships with girls. LOVED the relationship with the new boy and his story was really compelling. I like that they stayed friends at the end..even after breaking up.

One thing keeping me from giving this book 5 stars is the fact that I didn't cry once. Silly reason, I know, but for me, a perfect book makes me laugh and cry. :) And it is a bit far-fetched at times. i'm not sure any girl will go from first kiss to sex within that short of time. And I have to point out, as my hubby did to me, it is pretty far-fetched for a Division 1 college team to play a female.

Great job on the author's part...will definitely read more of her work :)

This is my third read for the Chick Lit Challenge! Wanna know more...click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment