Friday, July 16, 2010

Do you read one book at a time or several?



I often wonder how other people read. I am the kind of person who likes to read one book and read it `til it's finished. I get so engrossed with my characters and their lives...their story, that I just have to keep reading and read `til the very end. Once I finish, I start something new.

But I know there are lots of people out there who read several different books at once. They'll have a romance on the bedroom nightstand, a biography in the living room. They have different genres to suit the mood and/or time of day.

How do you read?? And why??

8 comments:

  1. Mostly I read one book at a time but there have been a few times in which I'm reading more than one but in those instances, I'm usually rereading one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually one at a time, but occasionally I'll have one going on the Reader at the same time I'm hitting a paperback. What usually happens then is I have to "pause" with one until the other is finished. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to read one book at a time, but sometimes I pick up another one and have two going at once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read just one book at a time. Otherwise I tend to get characters, scenes and plots muddled! Perhaps that belies my tiny brain capacity...

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL JC! I get so invested in a story and I just can't see putting it down to read something else. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read several books, mainly by locality. I keep one in the car, one at the office, another next to bed, and so forth.

    I'm ADD, though.

    - Eric

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know some people who do that too Eric, and they're not ADD!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have several on the go at once, usually fiction on my bedside table, along with a travel memoir or two. In my office (where I spend most time) I have reference books and books I have to read for tutoring. I would say I have at least 4 or more on the go at any time. I blogged about this recently, also..:)

    ReplyDelete