Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day 3 of my Brain Vacation

I decided to take a brain vacation this week. I've been editing my little heart out the past, oh 5 months. Not every single moment of every day....and there have been days where I didn't open a single file, but I decided I needed a whole week to step away and catch up on some things in my life that have gone neglected.

So let's see...what have I accomplished.... Not nearly as much as I planned.

I did get to pretty much finish the Christmas shopping. I have to buy for one more person (just a matter of picking it up) and I need somehting else for my dad. He's one of those guys who usually just goes and buys whatever he needs when he needs it. I did manage a robe and slippers for him....very exciting. I'd kinda like to get him something else...something that has a tad more wow factor to it.

Today I filled an Etsy order and sewed some drawstring bags. I need them for the Christmas party at my daughter's school. They will hold the kids letters to Santa!

Yep...that's about it.

I need to figure out what I'm doing for Christmas cards this year. Usually I do something fun and hand-made. I have zero inspiration this year. Not one thing has come into my head. I wanted to catch up on some scrapbooking...I have a good 200 or so pics that need to be scrapped. I have presents to wrap too.

Well...it's early...just after 1 in the afternoon. My son naps till at least 3:30...I still have a good 2-1/2 hours left!

7 comments:

  1. Yay for napping kids! My daughter won't do that anymore. It's amazing how much can get neglected by us writer-folks, isn't it? Writing and editing consumes all else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love naptime. :) Enjoy your brain break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dread the day that he doesn't want to nap anymore!! So far he's a boy that likes his sleep....naps for usually 2-1/2 to 3 hours in the afternoon and then goes down at 7:30-8:00 at night and sleeps till around 7:15-7:30 in the morning. I cannot complain one bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to decide what to do about Christmas cards, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time is running out though. Usually i would ahve had them started by now. I may have to go with something real simple his year. :( I always include a yearly newsletter though and on the back of that I have tons of pics from throughout the year. So at least there's something there that's original!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's an Etsy order? I love brain breaks - for me that means Christmas break, Spring break, or Summer vacation! :) Enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Etsy.com is a website where you can sell hand-made items. I had a bachelorette party veil listed and it sold so I had to make it.

    ReplyDelete