Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Got my Sony Reader!! Yay!

Hubby outdid himself this year and presented me with the Sony Reader Pocket for Christmas!

I'd played with them in the store, but honestly, I was not really prepared for how cool it would feel to hold one in my hands...not attached to a cord or a stationary post in the store. It felt so nice!!! :)

Of course I right away bought my editor's book...the one I'd been wanting to read forever!! And then I ran into trouble. The Sony software is HORRIBLE!! With some extremely helpful advice, I downloaded a different program and now I am up and running! Haven't started reading anything on it yet though....still have some library books I need to finish!!

So I need to know all your best tips and tricks and the best ways to save on ebooks!! My editor sent me a link to Harlequin...they're giving away a bunch of free ebooks! I was so so excited to have a bunch of books uploaded to my Reader! Please share your experiences with the Sony Reader, regular or pocket edition. I read mostly great reviews on it....a few bad ones...but you can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

11 comments:

  1. Cool! You'll have to tell us how you like it once you've read a few books on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought one with my Christmas money from relatives. I love it as well! I haven't had any problems yet, but all I've done is transfer pdfs from my desktop. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aubrie, did you use the software they give you??? I was having trouble with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, you lucky girl - have fun with your new toy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that if you look at Amazon.com e-books, they usually have a ton of free ones! Look at top downloaded/rated, and you should see them. I download books to my iPhone for reading in emergency situations.

    Also, while this is an obvious option...when I had a really dull job with too little work, I used to open the Gutenberg Project's plain-text books and fit a little Austen into my day. I love that site! Not sure how those files would work out with the Sony.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you believe I heard a story about this teenage boy who got a Kindle for Christmas and on Sunday he had. not. even. tried it yet!! How awful. Kids these days really need to get their priorities straight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know anything about software. My husband set it up for me. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. *so jealous* I want one so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! Piper...unbelievable! And the Kindles aren't cheap! Me, I was aggravated that I coulnd't get the dang software to work and I had only had a couple hours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey - I have another tip for ya. I have a totally overdue/expired library book on my Reader right now, but you know what I discovered? As long as I don't plug it into my computer, I get to keep reading it! Yah, contraband literature. woohoo. ;) Everytime I turn it on and start reading, I hear Beavis and Butthead: "Breakin' the law, breakin' the law..." Makes me feel like a bad girl, and we moms need all of that we can get!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very exciting! I just read on the library website that they are offering books in the digital reader formats.

    ReplyDelete