Friday, December 18, 2009

It's OFFICIAL!!! I'm beginning this journey!!

I received an email from my editor today...yep...round 1 of copy edits!!!!

I am beyond excited for this!! Yes, this all started months ago when I had a "Congratulations" email in my inbox. But now is when it REALLY starts! She told me she loved it and did the entire edit in seven days time!

And she prepared me for what lays heads. I know it's not gonna be all compliments and adoration...I know a ton of work is in my immediate future. But the work will be worth it. This time....editing is getting me where I want to go...it's not just endless work that might get me somewhere. And I have a professional to guide me along the way!

She'd like it back by Jan. 15th...yeah...not a problem! I'm lucky in that I get a solid 3 hours a day while my son naps. Plus, the way I'm feeling right now, it may be all I want to do over the next few days! I say that now....I haven't even opened the file yet. She already warned me that there will be times I will call her names and close my laptop.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! So exciting, I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful, Stephanie - especially that your editor loved it so much that she finished edits in 7 days! Wow! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I'm excited for you. Great job. Good luck with that agent meet-up in March. I'm going to think happy thoughts from now until then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! How super-fab that she finished the edits in 7 days. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So wonderful!!! I got my first edit letter from my editor in Nov and it was totally thrilling and daunting to see all these ideas for my book and making it better. Edits are hard, but so much fun! I learned a ton and grew as a writer from the edits.

    ReplyDelete