Wednesday, December 9, 2009

An Award!!!! I'm so excited!!!!



Beth at Aspirations honored me with this awesome award!!!!! THANK YOU so much!!!!!!!

I am really honored to receive this award...I strive to write a blog that is honest, down to earth...real. This is just proof that I actually am achieving what I'm setting out to do!! Thanks!!!

So....here are 10 honest things that I don't think I've mentioned before....hard to come up with more...I'm such an open book!! LOL!!

1: With Christmas fast approaching, some of my treasured Christmas presents ever: the game Mall Madness, a Roller Racer and an electric juicer. These are items my parents seriously searched forever for (well not so much the juicer...but the others!)

2: My favorite book as a pre-teen was Are You There God, It's Me, Margaret and when I read it for the first time...I couldn't take the suspense...barely halfway in I had to read the last page to find out if she got her period or not.

3: Once in 7th grade our nun principal came in and made a handful of us girls wet down our poufy teased bangs.

4: My first year of college, I probably only slept in my own bed about a dozen times. (My hubby attended the same school...we started dating before school started.)

5: I was 2 days from my 19th birthday when we got engaged...and here we are more than 14 years later!

6: All my serious boyfriends (all 3 of them) had last names that started with H.

7: The idea for the first novel I attempted came to me while playing a party game at a friend's house. (It is still not finished...I found it extremely hard to write from a man's perspective at that time...I will go back to it eventually! Maybe I'll make a POV change???? Hmmmmm??????)

8: At one time, I wanted to be a Wedding Coordinator/Planner...I wanted to be Jennifer Lopez in The Wedding Planner...headset and all. I even completed a correspondence course for it and became certified. I loved the planning parts but there is just no money in that profession in my area. And then I discovered my love for writing fiction and the rest is history!

9: My parents are great...they let me live my life and don't judge. They never tell me what to do or overstep their boundaries. (Though my dad will sometimes add in his comments from time to time..."Why aren't you going back to work in a flower shop?"- his question when I told him I was giving up my home-based floral business and pursuing a writing career.)

10: I love my husband and my kids more than words could ever say!! (which I am sure I've said this before, but it's worth repeating! :) LOL!) I want them to be proud of me and hopefully writing will take me there!

Thanks so much Beth!!!!! I so appreciate this award!!

Edited to add: OOops...my bad...TOTALLY forgot to add my nominees!!

Lynnette at Chatterbox Chit Chat
Kristi at Random Acts of Writing
Jessica at Bookends
Jordana at Jordana's Musings

I think that's about it...there were more (Roni at Fiction Groupie, Natalie at Between Fact and Fiction, and Megan Rebekah at Megan Rebekah Blogs and Writes, but the honor has already been bestowed on them by someone else!)

7 comments:

  1. Congrats! (: You definitely deserved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I just love Bethany and her blog. I'm glad she chose you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome! I, also read Are You There God? It's Me, Marget and loved it. Also, #3 made me laugh...a lot. Never got a comment from my nun-principal about my bangs but I did have a nun-principal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! And srsly? Three guys with H-last names? That's pretty freaky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award! And number six made me smile. You'll appreciate this...All my serious boyfriends have had NKOTB names. A Daniel, a Jon, a Joe, and I married a Donnie. The only one I didn't go through was a Jordan. My husband jokes that I'm going to cheat on him with a Jordan so I have a matching set. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of you're truths were so sweet. I feel you on number 6. Two of my serious boyfriends were both named Robert...and they were back to back, so I didn't need to learn a new name-lol.

    Oh, and you didn't recommend ten other blogs, this is where I find other people to follow-lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for your comments!!

    -Yeah Elana, three H's....when I realized this I thought it was pretty freaky too!! I was destined for an H last name!!

    -Roni that is hilarious!!!!! (and speaking of my most favorite singers on the planet...just prepurchased their DVD today!! Merry Christmas to me!!)

    -Karen..I TOTALLY forgot to nominate people!!! Big duh on my part!! Thanks for reminding me!!!

    ReplyDelete