Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Read something yesterday that disturbed me....

I was checking out the Romance Writers of America website. Now that I have realized what I write is indeed romance...I need to learn and research as much as I can. I took a trip to the library yesterday and brought home four romance novels. I need to see what's out there and see where my writing fits, if it does fit at all.

So anyway, I was on the RWA site and clicked on a link that took me to a page for local chapters. I found there is one in western NY. So I clicked on it and each writer introduces themselves and says a little about what they do, where they are in the quest for publication, etc... One women's bio shocked me and gave me a reality check. No, reality crushed me like a monster truck barreling over a Geo Metro. The women said she found RWA in 1989 and immediately joined....she still is not published. This is 2009......she's been on this quest for 20 years!!!!!!

I can't help but fear that will be me. I'll be 40, 50, 60 years old and wonder what the hell happened. I hate the thought of being 80 and having regrets...I try my best to live my life that way. But what if I never find the career success I want??

No comments:

Post a Comment