Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Need to be Bold and Brave??

When I first started this blog...way back when...one of my first posts asked how one becomes bold. I wasn't published then and was a ways away from my first book release. But an author friend of a friend of a friend gave me the advice to break the rules and put myself out there. I am normally a very strict rule follower, so for me, the concept was completely foreign. But I knew I needed to learn how to be bolder and braver.

3 years later, "How to be bold" is still one of the search phrases that brings people to my blog.

So what have a learned in the last 3 years since that post? Well...a lot. Mainly though, I've learned that no one will hand you what you want. You need to go out there and get it yourself. Keep working...HARD...no excuses. Only those who quit never find success. Learn all you can, learn from others, seek out help. And when it comes to finding boldness and bravery...well...all I can say is you gotta put your big girl panties on and just do it. ("It" being whatever it is you want.) Stop worrying what others will think. Stop worrying you will suck.

I read once that bravery isn't the absence of fear--it's having fear and choosing to rise above it. Words to live by.

1 comment: