Thursday, March 29, 2012

The process has officially begun!

I've started the querying process for an agent.

Many people have already asked me, "You already have a publisher, why are you looking for an agent?" Well...it's pretty simple. I ADORE Lyrical Press, but I'd like to expand my horizons and keep moving forward. Especially now, with Lyrical discontinuing print. Digital sales are soaring for them, but unfortunately, not print sales. I completely understand their decision and I love digital books and my Kindle, but as an author, I can't help wanting to see my books in print. Just yesterday I received in the mail the last print copy ever of A Bitch Named Karma. Pretty sad for me.

So, I've finished and polished my newest book, titled Pretty in Plastic. It's a book with a similar style and voice to my others- it's funny, dramatic, sexy, steamy, romantic. It's about a woman who's looking for a perfect fairy tail happily-ever-after...and she thinks she's found it. But the guy has a different view of their future. They both come from pasts they'd much rather forget. Here's the query:


Bobi Jordin adores her new job as receptionist for a plastic surgeon, and her perky new boobs—awesome employee perk. For the first time in a decade, she feels pretty and womanly and it’s landed her the attention of her super sexy boss. If only her mom and sister would get off her back and stop scrutinizing her every move. Yeah, she made some really bad mistakes a long time ago, but she’s not a stupid love-sick teen anymore.

Dr. Michael Gellerman prides himself on sculpting women’s bodies, with Bobi as his latest masterpiece. Shouldn’t every breast, ass, and thigh be perfect? It’s a rewarding job with no pressure to save lives, and he’s thankful for that. He has ghosts in his past too, and vowed to keep his love life fun and string-free. 

Bobi thinks she has finally found her sappy childhood daydream with Michael, but their visions of the future clash. She wants happily-ever-after and he’s terrified of going there…again. 


What do ya think??? So far it's gone out to 33 agents. I've gotten one form rejection...which came the same day I submitted, which I find to be odd. And one request for a partial. Fingers are triple crossed!!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! I hope to start querying for an agent sometime next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, awesome! My books with beta readers right now, then some more edits, but I'm almost ready. Very curious to see how your process goes.

    Sarah Allen
    (my creative writing blog)

    ReplyDelete