Tuesday, October 5, 2010

It never gets old! And I hope it never does!

I knew when I started writing seriously with the goal of publication, that I would get all tingly when I actually saw my name and my words in print. But I also wondered if those butterflies would ever stop fluttering.

You know how it is when you're first dating someone. Every kiss, every touch...every look sends those butterflies twittering like crazy. And the longer you're together...it's still awesome and amazing, but the newness has worn off. It's different...the level of connection is deeper and it's just...different. The butterflies just do a few little tumbles instead of flying around like they're on speed.

With my writing, I'm still in that dating phase where every little success is still fresh and exciting.

My newest release is called The Evil Eye and it's featured in Chicken Soup for the Soul: Family Matters Edition!



I received my contributor's copies a few days ago..it's not yet available for sale. I signed one and gave it to my dad...since the story in the book is about him. He seemed to really like it..laughed and said it was good but not true. I just looked at him.

"What do you mean it's not true?"

"I don't do that!"

"Oh yes you do! Ask anyone!!"

My dad totally has this "look" that he gives people...he tilts his head down and looks up at you over the top of his glasses. And he'd used it many times on the boys that I brought around as a teen!

5 comments: