Monday, October 4, 2010

Back in writing mode!!!



I don't know about you guys, but I have trouble flip flopping between creating new and editing old. I need to submerge myself in one or the other. And I'm proud to say as of yesterday, I am back in creative mode!! YAY!!

And that means I am back to my 1000 word a day goal!!

This is something I am very serious about. But I do cut myself some slack. I work a month at a time, usually. And as long as I make 30,000 by the end of the month, I am happy. Some days I do not make my goal..other days I do and double it..once I even tripled it! What a day of accomplishment that was!

So needless to say, I keep track of every word I type, every day! I was last in creative mode in July and managed just over 30,000 words!! I thought maybe you guys would be interested in a breakdown of the month!

Here goes:

Number of days my 1000 word goal was met: 18
Number of days it was not: 5
Number of days I didn't write at all: 8 (Didn't realize this number was so high!)
Number of days I wrote at least 1500 words: 9
Number of days I wrote over 2000 words: 4

Total word count: 30,590

So, half of the days I made my goal, I wrote 50% more. And 4 of those times, I more than doubled my goal. I more than made up for the days a shorted and the days I missed.

Not bad!! Let's see how I do in October!

6 comments:

  1. Every word you write counts. I'm hoping that within a few weeks, I'll be writing everyday again. I finally getting back to track with sleep - son #2 really is a good baby at night. That's not to say that he isn't a good baby during the day, just that he has to be held when he's awake or else he'll cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! how many "words" are in your average book? seems like many, many monthly words!!! amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!!

    A Bitch Named Karma is 72,000. Karma Kameleon is already over 40,000, so if things go well, I should be finished with it by mid November. Hoping to keep the word count similar to ABNK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's an awesome count! Good luck with finishing :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Floundering at nada on the WIP in -- I'm not tellin'. :-)

    ReplyDelete