Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A range of emotions

For me, a story is not complete unless I've laughed, felt butterflies in my stomach and cried at one time or another throughout the story. And this is whether it's my story or someone else's. I love the ups and downs, the highs and lows, the laughter, the pain, the flutters of a first kiss!

I love writing something that brings a huge smile to my face. I love writing a first kiss scene or a sex scene that makes my stomach feel like a million butterflies are swirling around inside. And tears....I've shed tears while writing my stories, both from joy and sorrow.

My only hope is that my stories do this for others. I've gotten feedback form friends who've read my stuff and nothing makes me happier than hearing them tell me they sobbed at the end!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I agree! There's nothing like a truly good book to make you feel happy, sad, joyful, scared ... anything the author wants you to feel. I've written stories that have made me cry before and when others cry too, I take it as a huge compliment. We have a lot of power, being authors :) Good luck with your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie! I know what you mean...HUGE compliment!!!

    ReplyDelete