Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Best reads of 2011!

Well.....I didn't make my yearly reading goal. I am not real sure what happened this year. Last year I saw people meet and exceed their 100 book goals and I knew there was NO WAY I could do that too. It is just not possible with two kids, activities, household responsibilities (and an addiction to a couple TV shows!) But I made a goal that I knew I had a chance of reaching. I made a 30 book goal for 2010. And I was close...with 28.

So for 2011, I made the same goal. But came no where near it :( Only 11 books this year. Sad and pathetic. My only explanation is that last year we belonged to a different gym and I read each day for like 30 minutes while I did the elliptical or cross ramp for cardio. Since switching gyms, I do Zumba for cardio, and obviously, I can't read while doing that!!

But here are my favs from this year. I only gave 5 stars to a couple books on Goodreads.


The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series is my absolute favorite series ever. I just love these stories of the girls and their bonds of friendship. This last book, Sisterhood Everlasting, the girls are adults and have to deal with things they'd never dealt with before. It was really a fantastic ending to the series.


Lone Star Trouble was a really great story. I love a great romance and this one was so so good. I love a little hidden identity! And the main character was great...so spunky!


I really liked Bumped! I only gave this one 4 stars, but wanted to mention it. These futuristic dystopian society YA books suck me in...but few do I enjoy like I did this one! This one isn't as dark and grim as others, but really makes you think about the 'what ifs'. Looking forward to the sequel!

1 comment:

  1. I read about 45 books this year, but that was because of school. Knowing I HAD to made me find the time I never otherwise would have.

    I haven't read any of those, although I've read other Brashares books. Her cover there is stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete