Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ever feel torn??



I do...quite often. Mostly it has to do with my time and how it should be spent.

So yesterday was shopping day. I still went to the gym, but brought clothes and makeup and stuff so I didn't have to go home before running my errands (and you will not see me running errands in gym clothes and no makeup! Not gonna happen!) Hubby was off, so it was nice to have him there with me. We stopped at Toys R Us first, then had some lunch. Then we did both food stores. By the time we got home and put groceries away, I only had abut an hour and a half to be on the computer.

As most of you know, that amount of time can fly by in the blink of an eye. So I have to choose what I do carefully. Of course I checked email first.

But after that...I knew what I should have been doing. I should have been editing my manuscript, preparing it for submission. But I was a little tired. Didn't get much sleep the night before. I needed something that took less energy. I should have read blogs and commented and do all that networking stuff. *sigh* That felt really exhausting too. So I played around on Facebook and some message boards I visit, purely for fun.

And I felt guilty. I wasn't not doing what I should have been doing. So I went and wrote a blog about feeling torn.

How's your day?? Feeling torn at all???

Make sure you sign up for the Show Me the Love Blogfest!

7 comments:

  1. oh the time suck that is FB! It can be so hard to sit down and write or edit because of the lure of social networking. I know all about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel torn. All you can do is make up for it the next day. Some days are dedicated to writing in my life, and some are not.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!!! Seems there are never enough hours in the day!! It's not just writing vs. social networking, it's all that vs. housework, kids, hubby, gym, etc... Such is the life of a mom/author/wife!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be fair, you also have to not set yourself up for burnout. Its okay to have little fun now and then. Especially if you're tired.

    I tend to set a time that I do FB or other web wandering and then I get to work on my WIP. Its kind of a habit now...
    Edge of Your Seat Romance

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very true Raquel!! At this point, I have so much I need to do, that there is no burnout!! But I think I am pretty good at recognizing when I need a break.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I just say... you do pick the very best photos for your blog posts! LOL You have a knack for it, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL Piper!! I once read that people like blogs with a photo..it attracts them to click on it cause the pic shows in the bog roll!!

    ReplyDelete