Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Chicken Soup for the Soul books arrived!!

Things were not going too well for me the other day. But I came home to this and it changed everything!!



Even though I only have a tiny part of this book, it still felt amazing to find a box at my door from Simon and Shuster! A big time publisher had sent ME something!!

I had made mention of the story being published in CSFTS here and on Facebook, but for the most part I kept it kinda quiet. I wanted it to be a surprise for my mom, since the book was all about moms and the story I contributed was about her. I knew the book was due to release on March 23, 2010...I figured it could be a fab Mother's Day gift.

Yeah....like I really thought I could actually wait that long after actually having the book in my hands.

I am really excited to have my 10 contributors copies almost a month before release day, so when I went over to my parents' house the other day, I took one of the books with me. I signed it, of course, and wrote a little message to my mom. I gave her the book and told her to turn to page 175. She was quite excited!! She knew the story existed...I'd entered it in an essay contest before and it placed top 10. She has it printed out and in a frame. But she was even more excited now...couldn't wait to take it to work and show her friends!

So...I have all these copies and I need to give some away!!! Anyone want one????? I'm gonna give away three copies- all you have to do is leave a comment on this post. You must be a follower! I'll give it till the end of next week, Friday the 12th, and then I'll draw 3 random names! Please feel free to share the giveaway on twitter, your blog, Facebook...wherever!!!

16 comments:

  1. Pick me! Pick me! :0) That's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Congrats!!!! That must be really exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome!
    Throw me into that drawing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll go too. Congratulations Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you! I don't think I could wait long either. :) I'd love a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Stephanie! I can't IMAGINE what that must have felt like to see your own name in that book! I hope the same thing will happen to me one day :) My mom will be the first to see it if it ever does. I would love to be entered for a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone!!! It really is an exciting feeling. I've been in an anthology before and I felt very honored to be included in that one...but this just feels different.....bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know if I'm allowed to enter being from 'Down Under' but I just wanted to say how wonderful for you :o))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm...it didn't occur to me to consider that! LOL! If you win, can I do Media Mail to you?? Will it be crazy expensive??

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol Just leave my name out. I've already won the giftcard from you anyway. Don't want to be greedy and take everything! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cool!! I think my first publication in a book was in a collection, too. It was a "how to get published" book, and the editor used my query pitch as an example. I was so excited to hold that book in my hand!!

    Okay, I want to be in the contest too!! I love these books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats from team Chicken Soup! We are sure that your mom is so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Team Chicken Soup for stopping by my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm thrilled for you Steph! You put your heart and soul into your writing and you deserve to be published!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How exciting! Yes, I would love a copy--especially to read your story. Put me in the hat!

    ReplyDelete