Tuesday, November 1, 2011

To NaNo or not to NaNo?????? And Contest winner!

I've decided to NaNo this year. But I'm being a rebel. Technically you are supposed to start a new project for National Novel Writing Month...but I'm not. I have a book I started earlier this year and need to finish by the end of the year (It was one of my New Year's Resolutions). So, I decided to participate in NaNo this year and finish it. Not sure if I'll need the full 50K to do it, but we'll see. It's at 41K now....so I need at least another 40K.

But I'm delayed by a day or two. Two weeks ago I made a personal goal to revise and do one edit of an old project that's been on my hard drive for years. This story is really great (I think, anyway) and after these tweaks, I think it might finally find a home out in the publishing world. But I just didn't have enough time to finish. I'm only a day or two away, so NaNo will wait. I'm sure I can catch up.

So, without further ado.....the winner of my Spooktacular Blog Hop Giveaway is:


Holly Wright!!!

Thanks so much to everyone who entered!!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Holly!

    From what I've seen, you're not the only one who's using NaNo to add 50K to an already started book. It seems like a smart idea to me. Good luck with the writing and editing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going the rewrite route for NaNo this year, too. Have an oldie I love--great premise & characters, crapola writing, LOL--that I've gotta completely redo. Can't even revise the old writing because my voice has changed so much--would read like I had MPD or multiple authors wrote it. In some ways it's nice because the plot is already mapped out, but it also feels much more work-y and less creative.

    Good luck! I bet you'll have no trouble turning out another 40k. (at least, once the kitty falls asleep)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! So true....he wants to walk on my keyboard....not good for my WIP!

    Good luck to you! I've never done that before....hope it goes smoothly. The book I finished the edit for yesterday was one that's been around for a while...been cleaned up a lot over the last few years since I originally wrote it.

    ReplyDelete