Thursday, December 30, 2010

It's that time of year again!

New Year's Resolutions!!!!

I make resolutions every year, but only things that I know I can take seriously and actually give my all to. I never make goals I know I have no way of reaching. I take these goals seriously and it really bothers me if I can't fulfill one of them.

For 2010 I had a few resolutions, as I talked about the other day: More family time. Get in better shape. Read 30 books. I did pretty good with all of them and I am happy.

For 2011 I have decided to give another go at the 30 book challenge. I did only complete 28 books this past year, with #29 on my night stand, but I still consider it a success.

I plan on continuing my gym routine, and hopefully toning up even more, and have decided to make it a goal of mine to keep hubby motivated.

Writing goals for 2011: Edit, submit and hopefully sign a contract for Karma Kameleon. Do a major rewrite of Spellbound. Write another book. I also want to bump up my marketing and promotion.

So, what are your goals for 2011??

4 comments:

  1. One of my goals is to write more.

    I think these goals you have chosen will do you well. best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just really want to spend more time with family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some of those goals :) I'd like to read more books but I find I can't read other books and work on mine at the same time as I pick up 'voices' too easily.. but must get book 2 written before those who've read book 1 hunt me down ;p

    The Arrival, book one of the BirthRight Trilogy, on Amazon 1.1.2011
    www.damselinadirtydress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole, I used to be afraid of doing that too...when I first started writing seriously, I stopped reading all together. But then I realized I did not have a good handle on my genre....I needed to see what was out there so my story was different and had a different voice.

    Good luck to everyone on your 2011 goals!!

    ReplyDelete