Monday, December 13, 2010

Back to the real world!

Hello everyone! We're back from our Disney World trip!! We had a really great time...always love spending quality time with the hubby and kids. It wasn't perfect by any means- the kids still annoy each other on vacation and standing in lines and dealing with rude people wears on you. But we still loved it and can't wait to go back! Hoping to get some pics uploaded and posted here by the end of the week! :)

So now we are home and trying to get back into the swing of things. Today is day 4 of being home and only two suitcases have been emptied, but I did do all vacation laundry. We came home to between 3 and 4 feet of snow covering our entire property, less the area my dad snowblowed in our driveway so we could pull our car in when we came home. And we have been thrust into holiday festivities. Had a party last night and the night before were theater tickets for opening night of "A Christmas Story" at our local theater. Luckily we did get most of our shopping done on Black Friday and we really only have a few more gifts to pick up.

I'd really like to jump into edits of Karma Kameleon, but I know that is at least a few days away. Hubby's aunt has decided to do a scrapbook for her parents this year and each family was asked to contribute pages to it. I don't have a problem with that...I adore scrapbooking. But I do need a good chunk of time to do it. She wants an entire 2-page layout for each of our kids (the great grandchildren of the recipients), plus hubby, then an additional 2-page layout for our family. So 8 pages total...that will probably take me 3-4 hours. Yeah, I could just slap the pictures on some patterned paper in a half hour, but that's not my style.

So as much as it saddens me, edits will have to wait, at least a few days. And as we all know, this time of year is pretty busy, so who knows what will come up after that.

Hope you all are enjoying your December!

5 comments:

  1. Don;t waorry it will all get done in time! i am so happy to hear you had a lovely time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great time! We went to Disney two years ago at this time of year and had a blast. I think my hubs wants to try to go back in Feb. We'll see. Scheduling it gets so much harder as the kiddos get older!

    Dec. is always my off-writing month. Sometimes family just has to come first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good vacation. Good luck /w the unpacking.
    beth-project52.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you had a great vacation! i'm not the only one who noticed the rudeness? i was surprised to find it in disney! and, my kids not only fought with each other but us too!! crazy! giving away a new book if you're interested - stop by: http://needcoffeeplease.blogspot.com/2010/12/celias-journey-book-giveaway.html - have a great day! glad to see you're back!! (although, like always, i'm a day late (or two) and a dollar short! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope we'll get to see pictures after the holidays have settled down!

    Just a reminder! Be Jolly By Golly Blog fest is this Monday! Melissa and I look forward to reading your entry!

    Jen/Jules
    Unedited & Jules and the Stars

    ReplyDelete