Sunday, August 16, 2009

Summer's Theme: Too much to do, not enough time

I feel like the summer is flying by. It dragged for a while.....ever since I booked my trip (we booked in June, leaving Sept. 30th). Our weather was really awful for most of the summer...rain, rain and more rain...then it finally got nice. And it started flying by. We had nothing going all summer...then August hit and we've had plans every Saturday. School starts in a little over two weeks. Been shopping and preparing for that. Been planning and preparing for our trip. I've been trying to devote as much time as humanly possible to editing...which gets tough. By the time the kids are in bed, I'm exhausted...and I just don't edit well when I'm tired...it's like my brain can't properly function. My blog has been neglected and I HATE that! (Sorry guys!!)

Why oh why can't I survive on 2 hours of sleep??????

2 comments:

  1. Usually I get a bit of a break in summer. Sure, I still work full time but the kids usually take summers off from their sports. Not this summer. My younger daughter is on two ball teams so I have to run her to practice 3 and 4 days a week. For instance, tomorrow night, I get off work at 5 (although I rarely leave till 5:30 or 6 at earliest) and practice starts at 7:30. That means we won't get home till 9:30 or 10 pm. Then it's time for bed. It's too far away for me to go home so I'm stuck there. Some nights, she'll have practice for both teams and so I have to rush home and grab dinner on the way or wait until 10 to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids are young and only one does any activities (my son is only 1-1/2). I am not looking forward to the crazy days of running kids everywhere!! I'm hoping that since my kids are far enough apart that they will not be high school together will help somewhat!

    ReplyDelete