Monday, July 13, 2009

Playtime is OVER!

Had a great time last night!! Went to a concert at a small club...so completely awesome!! We were there early, got right in the front, little left of center. So amazing to see a show like that!! Opening bands were good...one totally blew us away....local band (Buffalo, NY) and not one looked to be over the age of 16. We asked them after wards if they had a cd...not yet. Please check them out on myspace music: http://www.myspace.com/brandnewgenius

So anyway, now it's time to get back to work. I NEED to work on my edits, but honestly, it's been a challenge. Days are rough....my oldest is home from school for summer and I get a tiny amount of peace while her younger brother naps (right now) but usually it's interrupted every ten minutes or so for something. And hearing Phineas and Ferb in the background doesn't help either. I work best in total silence.

Tried doing my editing at night, but that was rough too. By the time both kids were down for the night and hubby left for work, I started getting sleepy myself. I tried doing it two nights in a row....I just couldn't think...each night I barely got 10 pages done.

But, it's a new week and hopefully we can get back into the new routine we were supposed to implement...the one we started and we did for a whole one night.

2 comments:

  1. :) Well, good luck with the routine and I hope you get your writing time in. It's also great that you saw an awesome performance! It's amazing what talent is out there. Just surfing through youtube I'm blown away by how many great singers and comedians exist out of the limelight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on the routine. My five year old interrupts me too at naptime. :-) Hope you get the edits done.

    ReplyDelete