Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Yay! I'm finally doing a reader/author event!!

I'm always looking for new ways to connect with readers and I'm learning that face to face is an awesome way!!

Unfortunately, my city is not very supportive of the romance genre. We get snubbed often. :( Once  I did a local book fair and oh my the looks I got! I was shocked. I never expected that kind of reception from a community that is very supportive of all art forms. I left feeling extremely defeated. I've done other events as well, with the same reactions.

So I knew I needed to look outside my community for romance novel fans. I have friends who did the Lori Foster event earlier this year and said it was fabulous! Registration for that won't open for a couple months yet. I'll have my fingers crossed that I get in. But in the meantime, I signed up to do a reader/author event in Pittsburgh in March! There will be more than 70 romance authors for an all day book fair. Then in the evening, the VIP guests get to attend a fabulous dinner with all the authors! It all sounds so fun! I can't wait!!

If you're in the Pittsburgh area, check it out! Click here!

Have you ever been to a reader/author event? Thoughts?

1 comment: