Monday, July 8, 2013

Changing your mind???

The older I get, the wiser I get. There is something to that old saying- With age comes wisdom. It's so totally true. That's not to say I make all the right decisions all the time. But I think I am becoming wiser in my old age.

And in this whole getting wiser thing, it's often happened where I have changed my mind about something. I learn, I grow, I realize things I once thought either don't apply anymore or I realize I was just wrong. Does that make me a hypocrite? I have seen people make declarations about many random things, to only do the opposite later on. Are they hypocrites too...or were they just closed minded before? As we get older do our eyes and minds learn to be more open?

The older I get, another saying makes more and more sense- Never say Never. (And no...that is not a Bieber reference in the least!) You never know where life is going to take you and things you thought you would never ever do, somehow don't seem so far-fetched anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Knowing we don't know everything, and admitting we have been wrong, even about passionately believed things, means we have begun to get wiser. I have little respect for people that hold the same tight opinions from birth to death. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be 31 in just over a month and I'm definitely realizing what I want out of life. What I'm doing now is definitely not it - working measly jobs, basically being a babysitter...it's not for me. I want to be a journalist, an author, someone who is able to make some sort of difference.

    ReplyDelete