Monday, December 10, 2012

Been so long...I gotta start from the beginning

I think I can finally get back to my work in progress...that is almost finished. And has been "almost finished" since the middle of October.

It's been a busy couple months in my world. And I hate that I have not been able to finish when I'd originally wanted. The plan was to have this baby done by Halloween and completely edited by Thanksgiving. We left for our trip the week after Thanksgiving. I'd wanted to have it done and even sent out on submission before our plane took off. I hate that I did not fulfill that goal.

This book has been really tough to write. I really don't know why. The last one I outlined (a first for me) and it made the process so easy that I wrote the entire first draft in 35 days. It was a good first draft too! So when I prepared to write this new one, I did another extensive outline and went at it. But it just did not flow this time. And I found myself veering from my outline a whole lot more than in the last book. It's been about 3 months and the thing still needs about 15 K to be finished.

But now that I've been away for it for almost a month, I need to go back to the beginning and read it. All of it. To get my head back into the story and actually remember everything that has happened. I'm hoping I fall in love with these characters again and maybe the ending will flow right out of my fingers tips! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I am kinda in that boat, too. Normally I write fairly quickly, but with my WIP I've been doing things a bit different. I think these little differences are slowing me down. Well, that and the fact that since starting it I've moved, attended a writer's conference, and dealt with some stuff. Hope you're writing speeds up! :)

    ReplyDelete