Thursday, January 21, 2010

I'm registered for the conference and got the agent I wanted!!

YAY!! I am going to The Write Stuff Writer's Conference in March and mailed my registration right on the 15th, first day it could be postmarked. It was super important for me to do this for one reason and one reason only: the agent meeting.

An agent meeting is part of the conference and I am very excited to get this opportunity. But, unfortunately, this is a pretty small conference (good for a first timer, I think!) and there are only 5 agents going. And out of those, only 2 represent romance, and only one of them contemporary romance. The other only does suspense and paranormal romance, which is not what I write at all. So, basically that means there is only one agent that I can pitch to. And I had to make sure I got my registration in as early as possible to guarantee I got my 10 minutes with her!!

And I did! Got the confirmation email that listed Kim Lionetti from Bookends as the agent I have an appointment with! Yay!

The first night of the conference, Kim will be hosting a lecture on pitching dos and don'ts. I will be there and taking notes, hoping I don't make a complete fool out of myself when I actually sit with her!!

****And a reminder!!! PLEASE don't forget to sign up for my first ever Blog Contest!! Please pass it on too!!***

10 comments:

  1. Good luck on your pitch! That's awesome that you got who you wanted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending you good vibes for your pitch. I'm glad you got the agent you wanted- that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are so brave! I'm so flaky and bumbly in person I don't think I ever want to go and meet an agent like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Stephanie I'm so jealous you get to talk to Kim and so excited for you I think I might pee my pants. This is totally awesome! And you better take notes, and pass them along to the rest of us. I know I need all the help I can get. You are going to be great!!! You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys!!!!

    Aubrie, I get so flustered when I'm nervous, so I am completely worried about this!!! Hoping the pitch workshop the night before will give me some much needed guidance, especially since it's Kim who is teaching it!!

    Anne, I will definitely be taking notes and reporting back to all my blogging buddies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so exciting! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete