Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Friendship

I read a pretty interesting article the other day about female friendships. It was basically a checklist of dos. They all made sense to me but one really stood out. I can't remember exactly what it said, but I'll summarize it you all.

~~~~

If you get a text from a friend freaking out about whatever, respond as soon as you can, even if it's only to say, "I hear you, and I'm here for you." And if that same friend, or another, blows up your inbox with twenty messages in a day, be there for her, because someday it will be you who has the drama.

~~~~~

This really resonated with me. This is the kind of friend I try to be and what I want/need in return. I may not have all the answers, but I'll be there to listen and help where I can. And I need someone who will do the same.

Life is damn hard and it's even harder when we don't have shoulders to cry on, people to vent to, friends to commiserate with, but also share in all the amazing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment