Friday, August 20, 2010

Character Blogfest, part 2! The Reveal!


When I started writing A Bitch Named Karma, I didn't really have a face for my main character, Lexi Marshall. She was sassy and could be a total bitch, but she was also vulnerable and just wanted to be loved. I knew her physical descriptions, but still had no face to go with them.

Then one day it just clicked. I am an avid All My Children fan...been so for almost 2 decades. And one of my alltime favorite characters is Greenlee Smythe, played by Rebecca Budig. She has everything- stylish and sexy, sweet big brown eyes, but has no problem playing a mean and nasty bitch.

She would be the perfect Lexi Marshall!!





Wanna win a signed copy of the book that stars Rebecca Budig???? Click here to enter my A Bitch Named Karma giveaway contest!!!

12 comments:

  1. Wow, I don't think I was too far off. I'm happy you could find someone that worked with what you had in your thoughts. I have that issue with a couple of mine. I just find the right thing that matches my vision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have a hard time finding something to match my vision of my own characters. I like your though, that first picture yeah I can totally see it. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I was totally off, but I love her for Lexi. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys!!!! Lexi actually has naturally curly hair, but other than that, Rebecca is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow beautiful pictures. I got everything but the eyes right. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay so I don't know what I guessed but she looks so much like a Lexi it's crazy! Not to mention she looks like someone who could totally pull the bitch look off without even trying! Kudos for an awesome selection Steph!

    Of course you know I'm all about winning a signed copy of that fabulous book of yours! It's like the movies... I now know what a character looks like, and I'm very happy! This is some popcorn lovin' fun!

    Thank you again for your participation in my first blog fest! I really enjoyed your entries and all the comments you left around the blogosphere!! It's been a pleasure :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just realized I comment in novel format... it's like each time I'm trying to win the longeset comment award, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL Jen!!! Did you see I met my follower goal!! Yay!! Now I can definitely give away a copy!! :)

    Thanks so much for stopping by!! And for hosting the blogfest! So so cool of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was pretty close! She looks a little sweeter than I pictured Lexi, though. ahhh, well....I'm just glad I'm not in left field somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! It's the sweet looking ones you have to watch out for!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice! I think that's pretty close to the mental picture I had of her. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vicki's right she does look sweeter then I pictured her, but good choice! I am loving the name of this book and heck yes I'm entering to try and win a copy!

    Great entry! I love your blog too! I had to laugh when I read your comment because I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw yours!

    ReplyDelete