Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The eternal question: Treebook vs. Ebook??

I make absolutely no attempt at hiding the fact that I ADORE ebooks and ereaders. For me, it made reading easier and more convenient. I love the size of the device and what it gives me. But I also love paperback and hardcover books. Reminds me of being a kid and snuggling up in my hot pink vinyl beanbag chair and reading.

I just love books...no matter how I read them.

Hubby bought me a hardcover for my birthday. It is the fifth book in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series. I am a huge huge fan of Ann Brashares, so when I heard this book was out, I had to have it. But digital wasn't good enough. I know I will read this book again. I just need to have a physical copy.



But part of me really wants the entire series in digital format too....it's just so much easier to read than holding the heavy hard cover.

Do you own any books in both formats???

And don't forget to sign up for my Blog Event!! Button is on the right hand side!!!

4 comments:

  1. I have all of John Grisham in paper/hardback and also in eBook form. As well as John Lescroart, but I have his in audiobook and paperback. I will usually buy the physical book if I feel like the eBook is too expensive. I can get a used copy for much less than the price of an eBook. If I attend a reading I will buy a hard copy there so the author can sign it.

    Other than that, I rarely duplicate my library. I read paperbacks over and over again but rarely re-read eBooks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are books I've bought in ebook and loved so much I bought them in paperback. I think in the perfect world (or maybe the future) a paperbook will come with a code for a free ebook download. I can wish anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. I've got all of Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series in paperback... and now I'm only 3 books in, I really, really want them in ebook. LOL. Really.

    And those are ebooks I could totally get from library too, but I'd have to never plug in my Reader for weeks at a time while I was reading them, because the library is only 3 week loan for ebooks, with no renewal... and I also use the Reader to review submissions. So then I'd need another ebook reading device. :) Which is why I really, really NEED to buy the Outlander ebooks. Right?

    Really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know the Sisterhood has a fifth book. I'll need to look for this for my up-coming daughter's birthday. I have e-books that are not yet available in hard cover in Canada but plan to buy the hard-cover when they are!

    ReplyDelete