Sunday, April 1, 2012

It's the A-Z Blogging Challenge! Day 1!

Hello everyone!!! It's that time of year again!!!!!! This is my second year participating in the challenge, and since last year was so fun, I decided to do it again! But this time make it a bit easier on myself. Last year I had no theme or focus...just all kinds of Stephanie randomness. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing! :) But this year I want to stick to all my favorite books, movies, and music.

A is for American Pie!

And I'm speaking only of the ones starring Jason Biggs...not the other AP movies. 

My apologies for anyone who thinks these movies are completely stupid....I hope you don't think less of me now. ;) But if you ignore the frat boy humor, (which I don't because it makes me laugh) these are actually great stories of growing up, moving on, life changes, love, and above all else, great friendship. There is a very unique bond between the main characters and especially between Jim and his dad.

This Friday the 4th installment of the series opens in theaters and hubby and I have a sitter all set. Can't wait to see what Jim and Michelle are like as parents!

Click here to visit all the participants!! Last time I looked there were over 1500!!

14 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with the book or movie. But I remember Don MacLean's song. That was back in the days when I was playing records on the radio. The song was so long you could put the record on and go for a snooze.

    The trick: you had to wake up about the time Don got to the part:

    The three men I admire most,
    The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost,
    Caught the last train for the coast
    The day the music died.


    Hope you have fun, from A to Z.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a AP fan as well! This is going to be a really interesting month!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice kick-off to the Challenge! I only saw the first movie, pretty darn funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, the song American Pie was great.
    Best wishes for a-z month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie, I don't think any book or movie that makes me laugh should be considered stupid. Laughter is a powerful medicine for whatever ails the body and the spirit. I'm making an A to Z wish list at my blog, mostly writerly stuff but a few personal items as well. Hope you drop by when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love AP... and will probably take my son to see it with me.. (I am a really bad mother) I am sooo impressed that it is opening on the same day in Norway. That NEVER happens. Looking forward to the month.. this is my first challenge ever.. hope I make it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hubs can't wait to see the new AP. It really WILL be interesting to see the next stage of life. Fun share today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my second year doing the challenge as well. Am looking forward to it. Though i havent gone with a theme. Seems lots are. I like to randomly write what ever strikes my fancy. I like themes though.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the AP films; how can anyone not think they are funny? This is my first year doing the challenge. I like your theme. I also love your blog design. I had mine designed from TCBOTB as well. I am a new follower and look forward to reading more of your post this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never seen those films. Maybe it's time I did. :) Happy A to Z-ing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so funny to be exact "American Pie" movie. I like it thought.

    Do check my B at GAC a-z :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. HUGE thanks to everyone for stopping by on day 1!!!!! Off to check out all your posts now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Stephanie!

    Glad to meet you through the April A to Z.

    I loved the American Pie moves when I was at university. Now they are doing another one too. They are mirroring the stages of my life quite well.

    Stuart

    Lloyd of gamebooks - virtualfantasies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete