Friday, March 30, 2012

Fear creeps up no matter how hard I try to squash it

I think all writers can agree....we feel terror no matter where we are in the process of publication. I know many multi-published authors who get nervous about submissions....so they're no different from newbies. And they still see their fair share of rejection too. I'm definitely not a newbie, but I definitely don't feel like a pro either. Somewhere in the vast middle.

Queries went out this week for my new book, Pretty in Plastic, and I'm scared. I've been over this manuscript tons of times. It's been in front of many sets of eyes, from friends to writers group members to critique group members, but I still wonder if it's complete crap! One day I think it's awesome and then next, no so much.

Well, this is my last regular post for a month. Monday starts the A-Z Blogging challenge. Hopefully when it's over I'll have some encouraging news to share!

2 comments:

  1. I hope so too - good luck, and I'm sure it'll be a great success. You've worked hard - feel pleased, give yourself a pat and eat some choccy (that last bit's the bit I keep doing!)
    Lxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A to Z.

    On your mark....get set....

    :)

    ReplyDelete