Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ever go on a retreat...all by yourself???

About a month ago..I was having a really stressful day. I'm not getting enough time to write and I am constantly battling what I want to do versus what I should do- and those things change from day to day...whatever I do, I feel like I should be doing something else. Add in household chores and spending time with my kids. It's the battle all writing/working moms deal with on a daily basis.

And then my hubby suggested something we had talked about a while ago...me just going and getting a hotel room for a couple days. All alone. No distractions. Just me and my writing. Sounds like writer's heaven, huh????

And a hotel turned into a Bed and Breakfast. Luckily there are many within a 2 hour drive from my house (my max. driving distance). But the selection decreased when I put a monetary limit on it. But still, I had plenty to choose from and a B&B would be far more relaxing than a hotel room and would include a great meal.

So I booked a two-night stay at Marienthal B&B...check it out..it is really awesome!!

I am really looking forward to it. Part of me does feel guilty. But sometimes we really have to do things for ourselves. Plus, the kids have really been missing their dad lately...he's been working a lot of overtime.

Have you ever gone away, just you, for some rest...or just some alone time?

4 comments:

  1. I have! It was so fabulous. I rented a condo in Estes Park, Colorado, all by myself for four days/nights last September--just as the leaves were turning. I walked for coffee early in the mornings, wrote until lunch, walked around town for an hour or so, wrote all afternoon, then took myself out for dinner. One night, I had dinner at the Stanley Hotel. I can't wait to do it again. Pinching my pennies... Anyway, have so much fun, and let us all know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely place. I went on an overnight to a motel where things were on the verge of wearing out. No wi-fi, so I wrote and wrote. Most prolific writing day in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT sounds absolutely wonderful! I seriously need to do that. I went on a retreat just this past weekend, but not by myself. By myself sounds wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete