Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I hate when this happens!!!!!!!

I was sitting here reading blogs, making some comments...you know....doing the whole blogging thing. Then an idea popped in my head for a great blog! I was going to start it right away, but I said to myself, "No, let's finish reading these one first."

Big mistake....

Idea is gone....buh bye.....

*Sigh*

This has happened to me on more than one occasion. I get a great story idea and I don't have a pen and paper handy...so I tell myself it's okay and I'll remember it. Nope...I never do. If it's not out of my brain and on paper immediately it's forgotten.

I have an entire file on my computer devoted to story ideas. Each one of my flashes of inspiration get turned into a file...some get names...like one idea..all I have is a name. Others get named "Untitled" and are assigned a number (the last got #14). I type whatever came into my mind...a plot-line, a situation, sometimes even a few lines of dialog, whatever....Then when I'm ready to start a new project, my ideas are there waiting for me.

What do you do with the ideas that float into your brain???

8 comments:

  1. I hate it when that happens, too! I normally try to write my ideas down, but if I don't have a pen, well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the time I forget them, which I hate, but for blog ideas I scribble them down on a piece of paper and keep it on the desk. LOL! It's a great way to not lose those ideas. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started a file on my computer for blog ideas! So if I get one while I'm on the computer, no problem...if not...welll...I resort to the pen and paper thing if there's one handy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have several notebooks lying around the house that I jot down notes in. They even make sense later--usually. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. wriet them down immediately - ive learned the hardway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm the same way, I lose ideas as quickly as I get them if i don't write them down. I always try to have a pen and notebook nearby, especially next to my bed since most of my ideas come right before i fall asleep or right when i wake up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I try to write 'em down. Otherwise, I experience the same thing you did.

    In case you're still interested, we have an opening in our critique group. Check out my blog for the contest details.

    Lynnette Labelle
    http://lynnettelabelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hugs. I hate it when I forget an idea. Believe me, I've done it, too.

    ReplyDelete