Friday, May 8, 2009

Back to scheduled programming...FINALLY!!

Hubby has been out of work for about a month...long story short, slipped at work, hurt his knee, had to have an MRI, etc...doc at first thought he tore something, but didn't. He's better now...so back to work.

And I am so glad.

Not that I don't love having him here, but ladies....I know you understand. A month is a long time and it just whacked my whole routine out of line...and I am not real happy with that.

So now it's back to business. I get to write while my son is napping....usually a good 2-3 hours in the late morning/early afternoon. Sometimes I get on early though........he loves Noggin....and a half hour to an hour of "preschool on TV" can't be completely awful, right?????? That's what I tell myself. Then at night once the kids are in bed, hubby and I relax a bit, watch a show we DVR'd then he gets ready for work. I get on the computer, check things and then by the time he walks out the door (sometimes 9:30, other nights 10) it's back to my writing. I have a strict in bed by 11 policy and I read for about a half hour. Except for last night though...just could not put it down....didn't go to sleep till a little after midnight.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad your husband is okay and that you are back on your routine! I just moved, so I know how frustrating it can be to not be able to rely on a schedule. Happy writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more I try to get myself on a schedule, the more it seems to elude me. But I DO try to be in bed by 11 as well. It's just soooo hard when I am in the middle of editing :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby's working but had one day cut a week so the income is also cut. About four years ago he was very ill and home sick from work for about 4 months total throughout that year. My schedule was wrecked and we had no money. I like to have him around but in smaller doses. Don't tell him I said that. :)

    I hope your husband will be all the way better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes...small doses is fine!!! LOL!! My hubby seems to be injury prone...now that he's not a youngun' anymore.

    Cindy, I do have trouble sometimes...stopping when I'm in the middle of something really good!!!! If I'm feeling really productive I will just keep working...it's worth it to go to bed late. The hardest is when I'm really into something in the afternoon (when I really get my best writing done)...and my son wakes up from his nap and wants lunch!! "Sorry, honey...mommy's writing" won't work on a 15 month old!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely know what you mean! LOL

    Congrats on your schedule. It sounds great. :-)

    ReplyDelete