Wednesday, January 2, 2013

It's that time of year again!!!

Do you make New Year's resolutions? Or at least set goals for the new year?? I always do. I just need to. I like having something to work toward. I like checking things off my list when I achieve them. I love the feeling of accomplishment!

I don't always make all my goals though and that is a bit disheartening. But I know I am human and if I truly did try my best, then I don't let myself dwell on it. I just try and work even harder.

I aim for balance in my life. Often as a work at home mom, I struggle with the balance between my career and my family. If I'm working, I feel like I should be spending more time with my kids and hubby. But if we're goofing off, I feel like I should be working instead. My plan for this year is to achieve more balance and spend less time on things that don't matter. Like housework ;) LOL!

I usually make a list of how many projects I want to complete in a year, but I'm not doing that this year. I did it last year and ended up switching focus and though I did accomplish several completed projects, they weren't exactly what I'd planned. I still consider it a successful year though. This year I just want to write more. Make more time for it.

Hope everyone's new year is off to a great start!

1 comment:

  1. I don't make resolutions, but I did tell my hubby that I was really going to make an honest effort in trying to be more positive this year and not let the little things bother me. So far so good.

    ReplyDelete