Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Busy busy busy! What's your excuse???

I know my blogging frequency has gone downhill...waaaayyyyy downhill...like down-Everest. I used to blog 4-5 times a week, and lately it's been 1-2 max. I hate that I have not been here like I used to be.

But I've noticed I'm not the only one. Makes me wonder if the blogging thing is done and outdated. I love Twitter...been doing that a lot the last few months. But honestly...even that seems a bit slow now. What will the new thing be???

But anyway, things here have been hectic for me. I've been putting most of my time to writing and editing and trying to push my career forward. Once I finished copy edits for my next release, (Karma Kameleon in January 2012!)  I sat wondering what to do next. It was October and there were still two goals for 2011 that I hadn't met yet. I'd planned on revising an old manuscript and getting it ready to submit again. And I'd wanted to finish another complete manuscript. I had one that I started in May. I was 40K in....about halfway.

So I made a plan. And the plan was gonna need A LOT of my time. I spent the last two weeks of October revising my old MS. I managed to get it to a good place and fixed all the things that were wrong...added the subplot I desperately needed.  Then on November first, I dove into my first ever NaNoWriMo. Now I was not playing by the rules...I was being a total Nano rebel, but I was using it to finish my project instead of starting a new one. 50K would definitely get my MS where it needed to be.

Plus throw in the complete planning and prep for my parent's 30th anniversary party last weekend.

But I am happy to say everything is going well. I got behind on NaNo over the weekend with the party....4 days went by without one single word typed. BUT I am happy to say I am almost back on track. I was hoping to be on course by tomorrow, but it looks like it may happen today if I can stop fooling around on Twitter and Fb and Blogger and actually go write. But in my defense, I'm kinda stuck right now, so I needed the break. :)

So, continued wishes for luck on your NaNo projects or whatever you are all doing! have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Blogging is alive and well--I hope. I think this is just a crazy time of year. Lots of people are doing NaNoWriMo, the holidays are coming, it's flu season...

    I'm not going anywhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every year around this time, the blogging world slows down. It always picks up again in January.

    I'm doing well on my nano story! 47K already. I want to write the entire rough draft this month which will be around 80K (hopefully).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh, it's just that of year. NaNoWriMo, Thanksgiving, college semester drawing to a close, etc.

    I try to keep posting stuff frequently, but I often get a little behind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think finishing a novel is NaNo rebelling at all! All they want you to do is write 50,000 words. So however you choose to do that, it's still a momentous task!!

    My blogging has deteriorated with school. There just isn't time for everything. But I still love it, and I hope in a year I'll be back to being more regular than once or twice a week!

    ReplyDelete