Wednesday, November 10, 2010

How are you doing on your goals for 2010??

Well, it's November and there's what, 7 weeks or so left in the year??? This year seems to have flown by...anyone else feel that way???

I try to make resolutions each year and I take them very seriously. It seems people always make them and break them. But I try really hard. I don't make a goal unless I have every intention of keeping it.

For this year I had a few goals and I'm proud of what I've achieved.

#1- Join the gym and lose some weight/tone up.
We joined the gym that first Monday after New Year's. I lost the weight I wanted and also built a lot of muscle. I'm not exactly where I want to be yet, but in the past 10 months, I've definitely made a lot of progress.

#2- Read more.
I got my Sony Reader for Christmas last year and made a goal to read 30 books this year. I know tons of bloggers who do the 100 book challenge and I know I can't do that in this stage of my life. 30 seemed like a much more attainable goal for me. I am at 28 right now. And I just downloaded three new books!

#3- Find a home for my novelettes.
Done! Signed contracts for them with Lyrical Press a few months back!

#4- Find a home for Spellbound.
This is one goal I have not achieved this year. While I did A LOT to strengthen the story by switching the POV from 1st to 3rd in the beginning of this year, it still has a lot of problems. I hope to address them in the near future.

#5- Secure an agent.
Well, this goes hand in hand with #4, since Spellbound is my only completed MS right now that isn't already contracted. I pitched face to face to an agent back in March and it went well, but as mentioned above, Spellbound just has some problems that need fixing.

So...where are you in your goals for 2010?? Have you reached them, or still trying?? There's still time!!

5 comments:

  1. I feel good about this year. I wanted to sell "Arctic Winds", and I not only did that I sold the second novella in the series as well! I didn't lose the weight I wanted (cheers to you for sticking to it!) But hopefully can get a good start on it before the years over (I just rejoined my gym).

    I've already got goals for next year in the works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my the gym.... I have been neglecting that place lately

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm close. Not *quite* where I want to be. But close. And I have a little less than 2 months to get there. Must. work. harder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You accomplished some amazing things in 2010, Stephanie. I'm still working toward finishing the revisions on both of my manuscripts before the end of the year. I can do it, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah. Just looked at my blog post with my goals. Haven't finished one. Not one. I'll finish one before the end of the year but that's it. In my defense, they were very lofty goals (agent, finish 2 novels, start a third, and sell short stories to magazines). I'll finish one of the stories and although I haven't sold to magazines, I sold 7 short stories in anthologies. The story I wanted to have an agent for, I'm redoing the beginning so it will now kick ass and will hopefully land me an agent next year. Time to get back to work!

    ReplyDelete