Monday, May 31, 2010

Only ONE week to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Memorial Day everyone!!!!!!! My plans for today include a trip to a nearby amusement park that we have season passes for! Hope you all are having a fun time as well!!

But the most exciting news- today marks ONE WEEK `til release day for A Bitch Named Karma!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still not sure how I want to celebrate that day. I will be chaperoning my daughter's zoo field trip, which I am very excited about. They only allow 4 parent volunteers and I was lucky enough to get one of the golden tickets! (It's a lottery if more than 4 parents volunteer, and in this suburbia, there are always tons of parent volunteers!)

My release party is planned for June 12th and I've invited my closest friends, family and writers group members. So far, it's looking like I'll have about 50 or so guests, with a bunch still MIA. (Why can't people rsvp???) Hopefully Mother Nature will give me a warm sunny afternoon and evening. My house cannot hold that many people! :) I wondered if I should even be having a party...the book is being released digitally at first...no books to sign or anything. Print release is still TBA. But I've worked hard for this and I wanted to celebrate. I'm officially starting my writing career...after this when people ask what I do, I can say "I'm an author!"

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could go to your release party! You should have a virtual one as well :)

    Have fun at the amusement park!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh!!! What a fun idea!!! I will have to work on it!!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I still want to do an interview with you on my blog... it's just been a crazy weekend! I'll be looking forward to your release!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Just let me know when!!

    ReplyDelete